Friday, April 3, 2015

38-week Blues and Bumpdate

I can already hear the responses, "Hang in there! She will come when she's ready," "The average first pregnancy last 41+ weeks," "She will be here before you know it," "You're only 38 weeks; the longer she's in there the better off she'll be."

I get this. I do. I just want to hear, "Claire, you are having a baby right now!"

I am 38 weeks today. I have two weeks left until my due date. I kind of can't believe it. We are really close to the end.

I am a little disappointed right now. All along I have been preparing myself to be overdue. I told my family not to expect a baby until late April. I wholeheartedly subscribed to this, until Sunday.

All at once several pre-labor indicators surfaced. My baby dropped (confirmed by my doctor). I had my bloody show (bleh, gross term). I was dizzy and nauseous and cramping. I detailed the car for two hours, cleaned the entire house, crafted, and nested like a crazy woman. I had plenty of contractions, albeit irregular ones. It really never struck me that these were signs of an "imminent" labor until I started Googling. Oh, Google.

Turns out an anonymous rabble of forum posters all had these symptoms, like, a week before going into labor. I was shocked. Completely surprised. I thought, excitedly, "Oh my goodness, this baby is coming early!" Not too early, so I was purely excited. Why do I put so much faith in these accounts?

I have chilled out substantially because it's five days later and I am still pregnant. I mostly mean I have become bored and disappointed and ate cookies for breakfast... I am hardly motivated to make that final push, if you will, to finish up the last-minute duties before Riley comes.

This is not a great thing. :/

Anyway, I know that even if I end up going way past my due date, this pregnancy will with certainty end by April 28, 2015. That is not so far away. And yes, I could still have a baby any day, but we're just not going to talk about that for now.

I like to always include a picture in my posts, but my phone is dead forever and my camera is nestled gently in my hospital bag, so here's this:


While we're at it, I should probably do my bumpdate--sans pictures. Sorry. 

How far along? 38 weeks
Baby is: Probably about 19 inches and 6 and a half pounds. My doctor said she doesn't think my baby is very big; probably around 6-7 pounds.
Total weight gain/loss? About 25 pounds 
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? ...yes. Boooo.
Sleep? I wake up every couple hours and toss and turn a lot.
Best moment this week? Nesting and getting excited for baby.
Miss Anything? Not recently.
Movement? Yes
Food cravings? Oatmeal cookies and milk.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Hopefully pre-labor? 
Have you started to show yet? Yes.
Gender? IT'S A GIRL!
Labor Signs? You bet.
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I actually bought a placeholder ring of sorts, haha.
Happy or Moody most of the time? A little bummed out, but still pretty happy.
Looking forward to? A baby!

No comments :

Post a Comment