Saturday, August 22, 2015

Looking Back: Two Little Lines

I just realized it has been a year and two days since I found out I was pregnant with Riley. :)

That just makes me happy.



In honor of this realization I will share a story and a throwback video I made!



I knew that God wanted me to have a baby when I did. In fact the story of how I found out I was pregnant leaves me with no doubt.

One August evening my friend sent me a text message which essentially said, "I don't want to overstep my bounds, but I felt really strongly that I need to share this church talk with you..." We had talked recently about how I felt apprehensive about starting a family because we are poor and Jeff is in school and blah, blah, blah.

I read the talk. It is called "Children." Here, you can read it, too! It shared an anecdote about a husband and wife in my same situation; he was in medical school and they wanted to wait to have children until they were more financially independent.

--I have to make a quick disclaimer here. The decision about when to have children is between a husband and wife and the Lord. You do you. Okay, moving right along.--

They ended up getting some advice that the Lord commanded Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the Garden of Eden and why would the Lord want the aforementioned couple to put off His first and most important commandment in the name of becoming a doctor?

This talk went on to say that there is no "right time" to have children; it will always be inconvenient timing. Further, for generations people and prophets have borne children in times of tribulation. It will all work out.

Well, after reading this I knew that the Lord didn't want us to put off having kids. I said a prayer that evening and I got a little bold; I prayed that we would be pregnant right then. I said amen and got a prompting to go take a test. I knew it was unlikely that I would get positive results because of the timing.

I decided I would take a test anyway. I covered it up and waited three minutes.

And it. was. positive.

I felt so exhilarated and grateful. I couldn't believe that the night I aligned my will with Heavenly Father's I found out I was already pregnant.

I believe in Heavenly Father's timing. In my case, I believe He was waiting for me to have a little more faith.

I am so grateful to be a mom.

1 comment :

  1. Eek I loved reading this! My husband and I just had our first child 2 months ago and we had a similar plan. I just finished college and wanted us to be financially stable before having a baby but God clearly had different plans! I could not be more happy to be a mother now, and we have found a way to make it work. I can completely relate to this post. How amazing that you found out you were already pregnant, that's insane! The Lord works in mysterious ways :)

    Sam // www.diyjustcuz.com

    ReplyDelete