Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 10 Update

Insured!

This evening I found out I am eligible for Medicaid and got my card in the mail! Hot dog, I have insurance! I am so truly happy about this. Phew. Pregnancy just got way less expensive. In other news, I just scrolled through my own Facebook newsfeed and I talk about crying all. the. time. Dang, I'm going to give myself away. The funny thing is, I hold it together with sad or frustrating things; I weep like an infant when I am happy and inspired. Good heavens.

So my nausea is kind of subsiding! Hooray! I mean, I had it all day today, but generally the morning sickness is gradually easing up. This, however, seems to be making way for exhaustion. I slept from 7 PM to 7 AM last night. This is not an exaggeration.

Well, right now I am nearly 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant! My first ultrasound is scheduled for two weeks from today, but now that I am insured, I will try to bump that up to as soon as possible. If I truly am 10 weeks, our baby should being about an inch and a half long or about the size of a kumquat (what the heck is that):


Anyway, here's the weekly questionnaire:

How far along? 10 weeks (and 4 days)
Baby is: The size of a kumquat (or a prune)
Total weight gain/loss? Maybe a pound and a half
Maternity clothes? No
Stretch marks? No
Sleep? All the time.
Best moment this week? Getting my insurance card and finding out my friend Natalie and I have the same due date!
Miss Anything? A non-bloaty waist
Movement? Not that I can feel (although my baby does move now)
Food cravings? Not recently
Anything making you queasy or sick? Yes. Not as much as last week. I still avoid whole grains.
Have you started to show yet? Oh my goodness, YES. A little. It has to be that I'm just bloated. I really just look chubby, if we're being real here.
Gender? No clue
Labor Signs? No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? While I'm happy most of the time, I have been weirdly irrational, irritable, and/or emotional a couple times this last week. Oh gosh.
Looking forward to? My first ultrasound and getting my diaper bag in the mail! I am super excited to tell my family and friends that we're expecting.

You guys, I am already one-fourth of the way done with my pregnancy! What?!

2 comments :

  1. I have to say, from my vast personal experience, Medicaid was the best way to have a baby ever. I never saw a single bill and it's so nice to not have to worry about that at least! Plenty of other stuff to take care of! Good return on my tax dollars I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy for you! And I can definitely relate to the relief of being insured. For various reasons, I weren't insured until month 8 (EIGHT!) of pregnancy. Boy, it was such a relief when it came through. The pregnancy was great, but after Parker was born it has been so good as well! I love not having to vacillate if money or peace of mind was more important if Parker wasn't looking good. I just take him in! Anyway, all this is to say that Medicaid has been such a blessing. It was my first choice in the beginning, but I've realized it is such a blessing for this time in life. So excited for you guys! :) And I love reading all your weekly updates!

    ReplyDelete