Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 12 Update

Guess what! We had an ultrasound this week. :D

I got to see our baby and his/her heart is beating a healthy 159 beats per minute. He/she is so cute moving around in there. It's wonderful. The ultrasound technician measured our baby and dated my pregnancy 11 weeks and 5 days, making today 12 weeks and 1 day. I am so grateful that we officially have less than a week before we share the great news and I move into second trimester (thank goodness).

Good ole Photo Booth
Can you believe I've been able to keep this a secret for so long? I have been pregnant for the better part of three months and I haven't even told my parents. I usually have a hard time keeping secrets about myself. For instance, I considered titling this blog post "I Threw Up So Violently I Peed my Pants Today." ...And now you know that about me anyway. I am very impressed that I could keep my pregnancy under wraps for this long.

My official due date is now April 22, 2015. If our baby comes when he or she is due, Jeff, the baby and I will all have birthdays will all be a month apart. I like that.

I got sick yesterday. I thought it was the flu (although the nurse was concerned it could be ebola or something), but then this morning all my symptoms got slightly better; I am not running a fever, my throat is not nearly as sore as it was yesterday, my muscles aren't quite as achy, and who's to say if my three interludes with the toilet this morning were a tribute to the flu or my morning sickness or both...

Anyway. I am happy to be feeling slightly better. I had to take a sick day until I can go 24 hours with a normal temperature without the aid of medication. That's not so bad, I guess.

Here are some pictures of me and a chalkboard, because that's what you probably were most interested in seeing here. Haha, it's okay. I understand.


Here's the questionnaire for the week.

How far along? 12 weeks.
Baby is: 51 millimeters, so about an inch and 3/4. 
Total weight gain/loss? Same little fluctuations I've had all throughout my pregnancy.
Maternity clothes? No.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep? Great.
Best moment this week? SEEING MY BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME!
Miss Anything? No. :)
Movement? No.
Food cravings? Nothing this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick? An empty stomach and whatever sickness I have this week. I eat to avoid morning sickness and I throw everything up and then my stomach is empty again and it's just a great cycle. 
Have you started to show yet? Yep, a little.
Gender? Haven't the foggiest.
Labor Signs? No.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy. :) Although the other night Jeff asked me, "Do you miss the mountains?" and I actually wept. I mean, who wouldn't?!
Photo credit: Michelle Falco - Hannah, UT last weekend
Looking forward to? Telling my family we're having a baby! Also, the mashed potatoes I will make for myself this afternoon. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment