Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week Nine Update

Oh my goodness. I feel so sick. It's 1 am and I am laying in bed eating saltines. Generally, my morning sickness has been manageable; I've only tossed my lunch three times. However, I feel sick nearly every day. If my stomach gets empty I lose it.

These days I feel pretty functional and not tired until I sit down and take an unintentional four-hour nap (as I did today). I can't stay awake in movies or in car rides lasting longer than 15 minutes (when I'm a passenger).

Insurance is making me nervous. As far as I can tell I am 90 day out from getting benefits from my job. I did, however, apply for Medicaid last week. It is done. Now we're just waiting to see if I qualify for benefits. I am not sure when I will find out, or even when or if the Medicaid office will fax my legal documents. I just want to see a doctor... I really don't want to pay for an ultrasound out of pocket, let alone anything else, but we've decided if we haven't heard from the Medicaid people this week we will just pay for the appointment ourselves. Bah. Set backs.

I am excited to announce that I bought gummie prenatal vitamins... If only I could eat them like candy. They are seriously so delicious.

I've been taking a prenatal vitamin for almost two years. There are good prenatal vitamins and really bad prenatal vitamins. I didn't appreciate this fully until I was actually pregnant. I recently bought cheap, stinky horse pill prenatals because they were on sale. They no longer cut it.

Alas, gummies have made consumption a total joy. As it goes, a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down.

Now, how about an update :)
Baby!
How far along? 9 weeks!
Baby is: The size of a grape
Total weight gain/loss? I actually have not checked in the last few days. It shouldn't be too different, if I have gained or lost at all
Maternity clothes? No
Stretch marks? No
Sleep? Anytime I can
Best moment this week? Buying gummie prenatal vitamins, hands down
Miss Anything? Flexibility to eat whatever, whenever
Movement? No
Food cravings? Chicken nuggets--I don't indulge
Anything making you queasy or sick? Yes... We have an entire "don't let Claire see or smell this" cupboard actually
Have you started to show yet? No, although I think my torso is expanding (not sure if I am just getting fat or if my uterus is just the size of a grapefruit)
Gender? No idea, but I just heard I can find out the gender at 12 weeks through genetic screening! What?! We're in the future.
Labor Signs? No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy :)
Looking forward to? Pregnancy aside, Texas cooling off. Otherwise, just getting to second trimester... Or getting my diaper bag in the mail :)

No comments :

Post a Comment