Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week Seven Update

Well, I am now seven weeks (and one day) pregnant! I am feeling queasy and unprepared! Jeff and I have all the regular baby stuff to get together in addition to getting a new car (since our truck can't fit a carseat), new apartment (because we only have one bedroom), and new insurance (because my parents are switching to catastrophic only and work is giving me benefits after the fourth month). Oy vey!

Why did we do this to ourselves? Also, I want to quit my job. Reaaaaal bad.

I really don't know how soon we'll see that little babe without insurance, so here's hoping for some miracles. In the meantime, I have been trying my best to eat healthy. I'm really into smoothies. I have a green smoothie most mornings and the whole nine yards. I was doing great until about three days ago, when all of a sudden, even looking at whole grains made me run for the bathroom. I seriously can't even write out what happened without feeling sick...

Here's the best part: I anticipated morning sickness would come sometime and bought some saltine crackers at the grocery store... They're whole wheat. Just let me die.

I have been good about exercise. I swim and burn calories on the stationary bike at my gym. I've gone to a couple yoga and Pilates classes, and lifted weights. I was doing all of this before I was pregnant, so I'll just keep doing it. I'd love to find a dance class somewhere.

One last little hang up: I knew precisely which diaper bag I wanted, saw it on Ebay, consulted with Jeff and sent it to my house... Back in Provo. Oops. Maybe the post office will redirect it to my apartment in Texas. Orrrr my in-laws house, where we lived for a month in transition. That's one way to announce that I'm pregnant [sigh]. Oh well. At least I've got seven and a half months to retrieve it.

As for a report, here's a helpful questionnaire!

How far along? 7 weeks
Baby is: The size of a blueberry
Total weight gain/loss? -2 pounds (I move a lot more now that I've started working full time at a day care)
Maternity clothes? Nope.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep? Gimme, gimme more.
Best moment this week? Finding out one of my close work friend is due four days before me!
Miss Anything? My oat bran muffins (that I made five batches of this week) :(
Movement? No. Way too early.
Food cravings? Asian food, of any variety. This kicked in two days ago.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Whole grains, except Wheat Thins.
Have you started to show yet? No.
Gender? Won't find that out for months. I can honestly say I am equally excited about a boy or a girl!
Labor Signs? No.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time? I started out reeeeeally happy and now it's definitely a combination.
Looking forward to? An ultrasound sometime soon? Telling our families. Second trimester.

Now, I have to say that I am very excited! I am a pregnant lady. That is amazing! I am so grateful for the chance to house an embryo and I am doing my darnedest to be the best pre-mom ever. Despite the bumps in the road, I know that this should be a fulfilling part of our lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment